2-7 April 2022 (hybrid format)
From 2 to 7 April 2022, the 6th Hamburg International Arbitration Days (HIAD) will take place in a hybrid format, including:
- a two-day conference on "Investment Law and Arbitration" (2-3 April),
- the 5th Luther Dispute Resolution Lecture on “Data Protection and Cybersecurity in Arbitration” (4 April),
- the HIAD Conference on "Conflict of Laws in Arbitration" (5 April),
- various satellite events on a broad range of arbitration issues (4-5 April),
- the 6th CAM-CCBC Hamburg Pre-Moot (6 April), and
- a conference on "Arbitration and Insolvency" (7 April).
Hamburg stands out from other German cities due to the cluster of several international arbitration institutions which are located here.
Hamburg has a long tradition of settling commercial disputes.
With highly qualified courts, around twenty arbitration institutions and several mediation facilities, business people in this trading and service-oriented city have been settling domestic and international commercial disputes for centuries.
Hamburg is Germany`s gate to the world.
More than 140,000 businesses are members of the Chamber of Commerce, which is the oldest German institution of its kind (founded 1665).
About 20,000 companies do business in foreign countries and about 3,500 subsidiaries of foreign parent companies round off the city’s foreign trade.