- Commercial law
- Corporate law (M&A)
- Maritime law
- Distribution law
- Logistics and transportation
- Consumer products and retail
- Arbitration experiences as Party Representative encompass venues such as Grain & Feed Trade Association (GAFTA), Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Association (FOSFA), London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA), Federation of Cocoa Commerce (FCC), Sugar Association of London (SAOL), Refined Sugar Association (RSA), German Maritime Arbitration Association (GMAA), Chambre Arbitrale International de Paris (Chambre Arbitrale), International Commodity and Shipping Arbitration Services (ICSAS), Koninklijke Vereniging Het Comité van Graanhandelaren (Het Comité), Verein der Getreidehändler der Hamburger Börse (VdG), Deutscher Verband des Großhandels mit Ölen, Fetten und Ölrohstoffen (Grofor), Københavns Bedømmelses- og Voldgiftsudvalg for Korn – og Foderstofhandelen (Copenhagen Chamber of Commerce), but also arbitration institutions like the International Court of Arbitration-Chamber of Commerce (ICC), The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Acted as Arbitrator in ICC, DIS, GMAA, Grofor, VdG, Dt. Kaffeeverband, Warenverein proceedings
- Listed / recommended Arbitrator at GROFOR, VdG, Dt. Kaffeeverband, Warenverein, Hamburg Chamber of Commerce (as appointing authority)
Jan Heiko Koehlbrandt, LL.M., studied law at the universities of Hamburg (Germany) and Norwich (England) with a focus on international business law.
He is admitted to the German bar and has extensive knowledge of and experience in the agri-commodity trade and processing, food & food ingredients, oil and maritime industry, both from the legal and commercial perspective. His experience, both contentious and non-contentious, encompasses all aspects of these industries, including M&A, financing, derivative trading, which he has gained through various positions at law firms (in Germany, England, and the United States), a major German liner shipping company, a specialized ship/transportation finance bank, a major international oil company, a leading international agricultural-commodity trading house and a leading global leader in the human and animal nutrition industry.
He has acted as counsel both in litigation and arbitration, and also as arbitrator in various international commercial disputes.
Member of the Advisory Board of the online magazine “Dispute Resolution Magazin” and the Legal Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of Hamburg.
Further memberships, inter alia, with German Maritime Arbitration Association (GMAA), German Institution of Arbitration (DIS), Hamburg Arbitration Circle (HAC), German Association of International Maritime Law (DVIS), Nautical Association of Hamburg, International Litigation Exchange (ILEX) German Association of In-house Counsels (BUJ), Association of Corporate Counsels (ACC)
Archer Daniels Midland Co.
ADM Germany GmbH